Sunday, February 7, 2010

Making Cards

Making Cards is one of my favorite hobbies. I first started around the age of ten, and it has always been a stress reliever for me. So instead of studying all day today, I made some cards! I used to use a lot of stamps and solid papers in making my cards (like Stampin' Up). But in recent years, I have come to appreciate patterned papers, and the use of different textures to break up the visual plane. These are two of the cards that I made this evening while I was watching Project Runway on my laptop.


For this card I used some brown craft paper for the base, and then some beautiful patterned paper for the background (I don't remember what brand it is). The fabric letters are Thickers' "By the Yard. " I recently got them at Tuesday Morning for only $0.69!!! Talk about a great deal! Usually when I like embellishments so much, I save them forever and ever, but I decided to use some of them since they went with the card so nicely!


For this second card, the background paper is from BoBunny, and then the smaller layered paper and die cut tag are both K&Company (probably my favorite paper designer). I used the same fabric letters from the other cards. And finally the ribbon along the bottom from American Crafts.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so beautiful, Lauren! They make me wish I was that creative :)

    ReplyDelete